Nikki Finke reports that the Producers Guild of America has ratified a new credit: “Transmedia Producer”. The new credit would be given to individuals “responsible for a significant portion of a project’s long-term planning, development, production, and/or maintenance of narrative continuity across multiple platforms, and creation of original storylines for new platforms”.
The Producers Guild website provides extensive resources for determining the proper allocation of producer credits:
- Producers Code of Credits
- Credit Guidelines for Theatrical Pictures
- Credit Guidelines for Episodic Television
- Credit Guidelines for Long-form Television
- Credit Guidelines for New Media
- Suggested Contractual Language